Saturday, March 19, 2011

50 Years Of MyTunes: 1992


Dirty by Sonic Youth.  I have a wonderful memory of seeing them in Cologne, Germany the following spring. Best part of show: the guys wandering through the audience selling beer! Unfuckinglaublich! Highlights: Sugar Kane, Chapel Hill

Copper Blue by Sugar. Bob Mould reappeared on my radar with his new band, Sugar. He retained some of his edge and proved that he was the stronger half of the working two in Husker Du. Favorite song: If I Can't Change Your Mind.

Check Your Head by the Beastie Boys.  Favorite songs: So Whatcha Want and Professor Booty. These guys only got better as they aged and matured.

1992 Singles

Friday I'm In Love by The Cure.  Love, love, love that song.

My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It) by En Vogue. You have to watch this video to see how smokin' hot they are.

Man On the Moon by R.E.M. from Automatic for the People. The ever prolific R.E.M. released yet another album on the heels of their smash "Out of Time."

Killing in the Name of by Rage Against the Machine.  Man do I hate these guy's politics but the guitar playing on this song undeniably rocks.

Creep by Radiohead. I thought this was 1993 but it was 1992.

No comments:

Post a Comment