Friday, January 13, 2012

It doesn't matter if you're a scientist or a bra-fitter, Lord Kelvin was right:

"I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of Science, whatever the matter may be."

~Lord Kelvin

2 comments:

  1. I always harbored the secret desire to be a bra-fitter or even Jennifer Lopez's 'nipple tweaker' (http://www.bongonews.com/layout1.php?event=1376) but never considered that it would be one of those times when my teachers assured me that 'math would change my life'.

    Might it be possible to graduate to working with the Sports Illustrated models? I'll need to formulate an equation for my chances...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a hilarious photo set, LL. I'll bet that job has a certain qualification--NTTARWT,

    ReplyDelete