Sunday, March 14, 2010

Nothing Is Cooler Than Ice Diving



A favorite old family photo of mine.  My wife had it framed and gave it to me several years ago. That is my late father (seated) and a dive buddy of his getting ready to go under the ice in Lake Monona in Madison sometime during the '60s.

I remember the guy standing. My dad taught him how to dive. He was deaf and mute and he worked as a printer with my dad at the newspaper. He'd come over to hang out and they'd communicate using sign language. That guy might had been deaf and mute but he sure wasn't dumb. And sign language was obviously handy underwater.

Wish I knew who took the photo and what year it was from but there it is.

2 comments:

  1. This photo is National Geographic style good. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture, too!

    Oh, and it would be cooler if, while ice diving, they were eating ice cream.

    ReplyDelete